Easy to put together. Nice with steamed broccoli or a green salad.
Make and share this Beef and Macaroni Casserole recipe from Food.com.
- 3 cups elbow macaroni, uncooked
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 lbs lean ground beef
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can Healthy Request condensed tomato soup
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cheddar cheese soup
- 1⁄2 cup skim milk
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon basil
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 350. Lightly grease a 13 x 9 casserole dish.
- Cook macaroni according to box; drain and toss with the 1 tbsp butter and 1/4 tsp salt. Place in bottom of 13 x 9 dish; set aside.
- Meanwhile, cook and crumble ground beef with the onion until no longer pink. Drain off fat.
- Return cooke, drained beef/onions to skillet.
- Stir in both cans of soup, milk, pepper and basil. Stir well.
- Pour evenly over the cooked macaroni in the casserole dish.
- Sprinkle with the shredded cheese.
- Bake at 350 for 15 - 20 minutes.
This was so easy to put together and a nice change of pace with its mild flavor. I followed the recipe exactly as written except easily halved it (just 2 of us) and mixed the macaroni and soup mixture together before putting in the pan just to make sure all was covered well. Thank you for another good recipe Parsley!
My picky kids liked this and between 4 of us we had enough for dinner and for my lunch tomorrow. We will make it again.
Quick, easy and well liked by all.