Easy to put together. Nice with steamed broccoli or a green salad.
Make and share this Beef and Macaroni Casserole recipe from Food.com.
- 3 cups elbow macaroni, uncooked
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 lbs lean ground beef
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can Healthy Request condensed tomato soup
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cheddar cheese soup
- 1⁄2 cup skim milk
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon basil
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 350. Lightly grease a 13 x 9 casserole dish.
- Cook macaroni according to box; drain and toss with the 1 tbsp butter and 1/4 tsp salt. Place in bottom of 13 x 9 dish; set aside.
- Meanwhile, cook and crumble ground beef with the onion until no longer pink. Drain off fat.
- Return cooke, drained beef/onions to skillet.
- Stir in both cans of soup, milk, pepper and basil. Stir well.
- Pour evenly over the cooked macaroni in the casserole dish.
- Sprinkle with the shredded cheese.
- Bake at 350 for 15 - 20 minutes.