Mema's Hamburger Macaroni Casserole (Goulash)
photo by Linajjac
- Ready In:
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 (20 ounce) jar spaghetti sauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon ketchup
- 1 tablespoon italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 8 ounces mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 8 ounces elbow macaroni
- In large dutch oven brown ground beef and drain. Sautee onion. Add jar of spaghetti sauce. Stir in garlic powder, worcestershire sauce, ketchup, Italian seasoning, sugar, salt and black pepper.
- Simmer covered on very low heat for 30 minutes.
- Boil elbow macaroni noodles in salted water until done. Drain noodles.
- In a 9 x 9 casserole dish layer noodles, sauce and cheese. Repeat, ending with cheese on top. Bake in a 350 degree oven for 15 minutes until hot throughout and cheese is melted. Serve and enjoy!
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Mmmm Mmmm I made the best hamburger macaroni goulash casserole and I was just throwing things in the skillet so I thought I'd look up a recipe on food.com and I saw Seasoned Cook's Recipe Meme's # 263239.<br/> I was making mine with the same ingredients except for Worcestershire.<br/> I had all the ingredients mixed together instead of layering before baking, though.<br/> It turned out GOOD! ? feeling good.
see 4 more reviews
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>Thanks for taking the time to stop by My Page! I am married to a quiet, but fun loving guy who cleans up the kitchen!! I have grandchildren who I adore. I am retired from being a paralegal and a real estate agent. I have also been a substitute teacher for the elementary grades in the public school system. All of my recipes are the tried and true type. Many of them have come from my 48 years of cooking, my mother's recipe box or other relatives. I like Taste of Home magazine and I am a big fan of foodnetworkTV. I am a southern girl and enjoy comfort foods!!! I am a big cookbook collector and have been for years. I enjoy baking desserts most of all. I also enjoy games on my laptop, growing flowers, lunches with friends, babysitting grandchildren, photography and traveling. Since life is so short I try to count my blessings each day and give to the less fortunate. I had gotten into a rut on what to cook. Therefore, I am so happy I found the Recipezaar site. Pet Peeve: People with a negative attitude. MY RATING SYSTEM: 5 stars - Excellent in taste. May have minor change. 4 stars - Adjustment in ingredients for flavor. 3 stars - Fair, but not sure whether I would repeat. 2 and 1 stars - I do NOT give. Zaar EVENTS IN WHICH I PARTICIPATED: Aus/NZ Swaps #15,#16 April, May 2008 Aus/NZ Swaps #20#21#22 Sept Oct Nov 2008</p>