Beef and Macaroni Casserole
Easy to put together. Nice with steamed broccoli or a green salad.
- Ready In:
- 3 cups elbow macaroni, uncooked
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 lbs lean ground beef
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can Healthy Request condensed tomato soup
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cheddar cheese soup
- 1⁄2 cup skim milk
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon basil
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 350. Lightly grease a 13 x 9 casserole dish.
- Cook macaroni according to box; drain and toss with the 1 tbsp butter and 1/4 tsp salt. Place in bottom of 13 x 9 dish; set aside.
- Meanwhile, cook and crumble ground beef with the onion until no longer pink. Drain off fat.
- Return cooke, drained beef/onions to skillet.
- Stir in both cans of soup, milk, pepper and basil. Stir well.
- Pour evenly over the cooked macaroni in the casserole dish.
- Sprinkle with the shredded cheese.
- Bake at 350 for 15 - 20 minutes.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
So I didn't have any elbow macaroni, cheddar cheese or tomato soup. But I forged on ahead anyway. And I didn't want to have to add time and bake this. So, I used ditalini pasta, and a couple tablespoons of ketchup and made this on the stove top. I added garlic powder, paprika, lots of black pepper, some Italian seasoning, and some Kent Rollins original seasoning. Topped it with some shredded mozz cheese. OMG! It was DEE-LICIOUS! This is a very versatile recipe. I'll make it again. Sorry it wasn't exactly like the recipe states, but we have to use what we have on hand and get creative, right? NICE and like a comfort food.Reply
This was a good way to get rid of the ground beef I had left over. The only thing I did, was top it with a half of lb. of diced bacon browned up. I did add some green onion too. It is like a bacon cheese burger. We did it with some sweet corn on the cob. Thank you for shareing such a wonderful way to use up some hamburger meat...Keep cooking parsley... ; )Reply
see 6 more