Italian Ground Beef and Macaroni
Yummy dish that is so simple to throw together.
- Ready In:
- 3⁄4 lb lean ground beef
- 1⁄2 cup of chopped onion
- 1⁄4 cup of chopped green pepper
- 1⁄4 cup of chopped celery
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomatoes
- 1 (1 ounce) can tomato puree
- 1 teaspoon oregano leaves
- 1 teaspoon basil leaves
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 3 cups cooked elbow macaroni (1 cup uncooked)
- Cook beef, onion, green pepper and celery in a large frying pan until beef is browned and onion is clear.
- Break up large pieces of tomatoes.
- Add tomatoes, tomato puree and seasonings to beef mixture.
- Simmer 15 minutes to blend flavors.
- Stir in macaroni and heat to serving temperature.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
With the exception of the exact amounts, and the green peppers which I dislike :), this is the same as what I was brought up on and called American Chop Suey. It was served to us in school and my mother made it often b/c of it's frugality. Love it, but haven't had it for ages. Think I'll make some this week! Lee