Recipe by mommyoffour
This is almost like a stroganoff, but its a stir fry. We really like the flavor of this dish. I hope you like it too.
- 8 ounces uncooked egg noodles
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, divided
- 1 1⁄2 lbs beef sirloin, cut into thin strips
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄3 cup flour
- 1 tablespoon beef bouillon granules
- 2 tablespoons dry red wine
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 3⁄4 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 tablespoons parsley, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook noodles according to pkg.directions.
- Place 1 1/2 teaspoons oil in wok.
- Heat wok over medium-high heat 1 minute.
- Add half of beef and cook, stirring 3 minutes.
- Place on plate with any accumulated juices and set aside.
- Add remaining 1 1/2 teaspoons oil to wok; add remaining beef and garlic; repeat cooking process.
- Place on plate with reserved beef and juices.
- Add flour to skillet; cook and stir 6 to 7 minutes or until aromatic and flour begins to turn golden.
- Remove from heat; cool slightly by stirring 1 additional minute.
- Slowly whisk in 1/2 cup water to make a paste.
- Slowly whisk in 1 1/2 cups additional water (mixture may be lumpy).
- Stir in bouillon granules, wine, thyme, sugar, salt and pepper along with beef and any accumulated juices.
- Return mixture to a boil over medium-high heat.
- Cook 8 to 10 minutes or until slightly thickened.
- Place noodles on serving platter.
- Spoon beef mixture over noodles and top with parsley.