1/1 Photo of Becky's Chicken Tacos
2 hrs 45 mins
2 hrs 30 mins
My favorite chicken taco meat recipe that I got from a coworker. I usually serve these with flour tortillas, cheddar cheese, and some guacamole. Great for a get together, as you can cook before hand and have people assemble their own. I also love to snack on this cold. Can easily be scaled up or down depending on how many people you are serving.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Put chicken in a large dutch oven or pot.
- 2Add sliced onion, quartered garlic, peppercorns, and jalepeno.
- 3Add enough cups of water to cover by about 1 inch.
- 4Bring to a boil, then let simmer for 45 minutes.
- 5Take chicken out and set aside.
- 6Strain cooking liquid, saving water, but throwing away aromatics.
- 7Shred chicken.
- 8Put oil in saucepan and saute onion and garlic for a few minutes.
- 9Add shredded chicken, salsa, cilantro, and chicken broth to cover. Cook down an hour and a half until most liquid is gone.
- 10Season with salt if needed.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Becky's Chicken Tacos
Serving Size: 1 (336 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 250.6
- Calories from Fat 47
- Total Fat 5.3 g
- Saturated Fat 0.9 g
- Cholesterol 68.4 mg
- Sodium 1968.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 21.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.4 g
- Sugars 9.1 g
- Protein 31.4 g