Stewed Chicken Taco Meat
This meat is delicious and kind of like what's served in the soft chicken tacos at Taco Cabana
- Ready In:
- 6hrs 5mins
- 2 -3 lbs boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 2 tablespoons low-sodium taco seasoning
- 1 garlic clove, passed through a press
- 1 (10 ounce) can Ro-Tel tomatoes
- 1 cup colby-monterey jack cheese
- 1 cup chicken broth or 1 cup stock
- Put all ingredients except cheese in crockpot and cook on low for 6 hours.
- Use two forks to shred the chicken into chunks.
- Add cheese and stir.
- Serve immediately in tacos or use as a filling for enchiladas.
- You can also use chicken breasts, but it turns out drier and not as tasty.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
Very good! There is a lot of liquid remaining, so next time, I'll try to drain it a little more, before serving. I also thought a little salt was needed, even though I didn't use reduced-sodium taco seasoning. We did not add cheese to the mixture itself, but topped the tacos with it, as is typical. Will definitely make again! Thanks for sharing!
Great! My fiance doesn't care for chicken and bit into his first taco and said 'oh, yeah'. He are them for the next 3 meals. Plan on making this a regular in our house. I did 1lb breasts and 1lb thighs with 1/2 cup 2% cheese. That made about 20 tacos worth at 2 Weight Watchers Points Plus per taco serving! It was about a 1/4a cup of meat too!
Wonderful and so easy! I used 3 pounds of frozen chicken thighs, cooked in the crockpot, and shredded. Lots of liquid, I served with a slotted spoon so we could drain some off before filling tortillas. Flavor was delicious! Froze the leftovers and look forward to chicken enchiladas in my future. Thanks for sharing the recipe!