Recipe by HokiesMom
A print out I've used since 2006 that I found on the Taste of Home website. A nice soup that is low-fat and loaded with vegetables and pasta. Does not take long to make either which is a huge bonus. Dinner can be on the table in under an hour.
- 1 cup pasta, ditalini, uncooked (or any small pasta)
- 2 celery ribs, thinly sliced
- 2 medium carrots, thinly sliced
- 1 sweet onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cups water
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 1⁄4 cups vegetable broth
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon pepper (to taste)
- 1 (15 ounce) can cannellini beans, rinsed and drained (or use white kidney beans)
- 2 cups fresh spinach, shredded
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese, shredded
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Meanwhile in a large soup pan, saute the celery, carrots, onion and garlic in the oil for 5 minutes.
- Stir in the water, tomatoes, broth, basil, rosemary, and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes or until carrots are tender.
- Drain pasta, stir into vegetable mixture.
- Add the beans and heat through.
- Stir in spinach and cook until spinach is wilted, about 2 minutes.
- Serve in soup bowls and top with Parmesan cheese over each serving.