Quick 'N Easy Pasta & Bean Soup
A great pick me up for the cold days of winter and so easy and quick to put together. The bacon gives an added taste dimension.
- Ready In:
- 3 slices bacon, diced
- 1⁄4 cup finely diced onion
- 1⁄2 cup chopped celery
- 3⁄4 cup chopped carrot
- 1 clove crushed garlic
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 1 can great northern bean, rinsed & drained
- 3⁄4 cup small shell pasta (like ditalini or shells)
- Cook bacon in saucepan until almost done.
- Stir in onion, celery, carrots and garlic and cook until almost tender.
- Stir in tomatoes and cook for approximately 10 minutes.
- Stir in broth and beans and heat to boiling.
- Stir in pasta and cook for approximately 8 to 10 minutes or til done.
- If soup becomes too thick, add a little water.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
This was an excellent soup. I doubled the recipe. I did use some help from using precooked bacon, julliened carrots. I used ditalini pasta. I made one addition. I had a pound of turkey smoked sausage that needed to be used up, so I half mooned it and added it. This was a very healthy and nutritous soup. Everyone that ate it, enjoyed it. Thank you for sharing this recipe. I also submitted a photo.Reply
see 4 more