Recipe by Hey Jude
A tasty dip to serve with thick potato chips (like kettle cooked) or toasted slices of baguette. Recipe source: Chicago Tribune Good Eating.
Top Review by Cookin-jo
This dip is wonderful - so easy to make and great with pita or naan. I found the ham flavour to be quite milk so next time I would increase the amount of ham. The rosemary is fantastic in this dip. Thank you for a repeater.
- 4 garlic cloves
- 2 sprigs fresh rosemary, leaves removed and coarsely chopped
- 1⁄2 red onion, coarsely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup coarsely chopped smoked ham
- 1⁄4 teaspoon red pepper flakes (optional)
- 2 (15 ounce) cans cannellini or 2 (15 ounce) cans navy beans, drained, rinsed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon coarse salt
- fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Place garlic, rosemary, onion,ham and red pepper flakes in a food processor; pulse to finely chop.
- Add beans, salt and pepper to taste.
- Slowly add olive oil with motor running until beans are pureed and a spreadable consistency, about 1 minute.
- Adjust seasonings and serve with thick potato chips, pita chips or sliced, toasted baguette slices.