Farmer's Omelet II
photo by Bergy
- Ready In:
- 1⁄2 lb smoked Polish sausage, cut into 1/2 inch slices
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 large potato, cooked and diced
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 small green bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 1⁄4 lb mushroom, sliced
- 8 large eggs, beaten well
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- fresh ground black pepper
- Heat oven to 350° F.
- Cook sausage over medium heat in a 10-inch cast-iron or ovenproof skillet, stirring unil browned, 2-3 minutes.
- Remove with a slotted spoon to a bowl.
- Melt butter in the skillet.
- Add potato.
- Cook, stirring, until browned, 5-7 minutes.
- Remove with a slotted spoon; add to sausage in the bowl.
- Put onion, green bell pepper, and mushrooms in skillet.
- Cook, stirring, until soft, about 5 minutes.
- Add sausage and potato to skillet; cook, stirring, 1 minute.
- Add beaten eggs, salt and black pepper to taste to skillet.
- Do not stir.
- Bake in the oven until puffed and firm, 15-20 minutes.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
5 star all the way - I cut it back to 2 eggs with no problem. I used a smoked Potuguese Linguisse sausage. Didn't have any green peppers so I used red, orange & Yellow. With only 2 eggs this makes a generous serving for two. I didn't bake it I finished it on top of the stove, medium heat coverd - took 5 minutes after pouring in the eggs Thanks Hey Jude - super recipe