Recipe by Karen From Colorado
Very tender pot roast done on the stove top instead of the oven. I like the gravy with the pasta. I serve with hot cooked carrots mixed with sauted mushrooms.
- 1 boneless beef chuck roast (about 3 lbs)
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 3⁄4 cup beef broth
- 1 1⁄4 cups water
- 3 teaspoons cooking oil
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon vinegar
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 bay leaf
- cornstarch (and water to thicken juices if desired)
- hot wide egg noodles
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown meat in oil in a large pot.
- Combine all other ingredients except cornstarch together; pour over meat.
- Bring to boil; reduce heat, cover and simmer 2 1/2 to 3 hours or until meat is tender.
- Remove meat from pan; discard bay leaf.
- Thicken juices with the cornstarch and water if desired.
- Serve meat and gravy over hot egg noodles.