Bavarian Pot Roast
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
This is a nice change of pace varriation on a beef roast. It has that Old World flavor and it's crockpot easy too. Makes about 6 to 8 good sized servings.
- Ready In:
- 8hrs 10mins
- 3 -4 lbs chuck arm pot roast
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 3 whole cloves
- 4 medium apples, cored and quartered (leave skin on)
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup apple juice
- 3 -4 tablespoons flour
- 3 -4 tablespoons water
- Wipe roast well and trim off all excess fat.
- Lightly rub top of meat with oil.
- Dust meat with salt, pepper and ginger.
- Insert cloves in meat.
- Place apples and onions in the bottom of the Crock Pot and put the roast on top of the apples and onions.
- Pour in the apple juice.
- Cover and cook on a low setting for 8 to 12 hours.
- Remove the roast and apples to a warm platter when fully cooked.
- Turn the Crock Pot to High setting.
- Make a smooth paste with the flour and water and stir the paste into the Crock Pot.
- Cover and cook until thickened.
- Pour gravy over roast when serving.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
see 9 more