Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
I have not tried this recipe. I got the recipe from recipezaar message board. The recipe was posted by Meryl.
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups milk, divided
- 4 ounces bar baker's german's sweet baking chocolate
- 3 egg yolks
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 teaspoon butter flavoring
- 1 cup shredded sweetened coconut
- 3⁄4 cup chopped pecans
- 9 inches baked pastry shells
- whipped cream (to garnish)
- Combine sugar, flour, salt and 1/2 cup cold milk; mix well. Scald remaining 1 1/2 cups milk and add chocolate. Stir until chocolate is melted. Add scalded milk and chocolate to the first mixture and cook until thickened.
- Beat egg yolks slightly and add slowly to hot mixture, stirring constantly. Continue to cook over low heat for 2 to 3 minutes. Remove from heat and add remaining ingredients except pie shell.
- Cool and pour into baked pie shell. Chill and top with whipped cream.