Recipe by Tish
I love shrimp and feta so this is a real winner. Hope you all agree
Top Review by Clifford Boren
If you have to use frozen cooked shrimp, as I had to, put the shrimp in last after everything else is cooked and just warm it up. I served it over shell pasta because you can get so much more sauce per bite when you eat it with a spoon. Also, if you can't get Romas, canned stewed tomatoes are just fine.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 lb prawns, peeled and deveined
- 1⁄4 cup sauvignon blanc wine
- 1⁄4 lemon, juice of
- 5 roma tomatoes, peeled and diced
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh basil
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 pinch red pepper flakes
- 1⁄2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 12 ounces linguine, cooked al dente
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat the olive oil in a skillet over medium-high heat.
- Briskly sauté the onion until softened, about 3 minutes.
- Add the garlic and prawns and sauté just until prawns turn a bright orange color, about 5 minutes.
- Add the wine, lemon juice and diced tomatoes, mixing thoroughly.
- When tomatoes have softened, add the basil, parsley and red pepper flakes.
- Cook for 2 minutes, then fold in the feta cheese.
- Heat until the cheese has softened.
- Ladle the sauce over the prepared linguine.