Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I love shrimp and feta so this is a real winner. Hope you all agree
Make and share this Basil Shrimp and Feta Pasta recipe from Food.com.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 lb prawns, peeled and deveined
- 1⁄4 cup sauvignon blanc wine
- 1⁄4 lemon, juice of
- 5 roma tomatoes, peeled and diced
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh basil
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 pinch red pepper flakes
- 1⁄2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 12 ounces linguine, cooked al dente
- Heat the olive oil in a skillet over medium-high heat.
- Briskly sauté the onion until softened, about 3 minutes.
- Add the garlic and prawns and sauté just until prawns turn a bright orange color, about 5 minutes.
- Add the wine, lemon juice and diced tomatoes, mixing thoroughly.
- When tomatoes have softened, add the basil, parsley and red pepper flakes.
- Cook for 2 minutes, then fold in the feta cheese.
- Heat until the cheese has softened.
- Ladle the sauce over the prepared linguine.
If you have to use frozen cooked shrimp, as I had to, put the shrimp in last after everything else is cooked and just warm it up. I served it over shell pasta because you can get so much more sauce per bite when you eat it with a spoon. Also, if you can't get Romas, canned stewed tomatoes are just fine.
Tish, this was wonderful and very easy. The only thing we did differently was to increase the amount of red pepper flakes since we like things 'nuclear' at our house. Thanks very much for posting!
When I made this I forgot to add the red pepper flakes however, both hubby and I thought that wouldn't have made enough of a difference to make this a keeper recipe. Both of us found it rather tasteless and bland. I was actually quite liberal with the fresh basil too and still, there seemed to be no taste. I doubt I'll make this one again.