1/2 Photos of Basic Stuffing Balls With Variations
These stuffing balls are a good side dish with poultry and pork dishes. For an appetizer, make the stuffing balls smaller, reduce the baking time accordingly, and serve them with homemade or purchased cranberry relish for dipping. If baking the stuffing balls with a meat dish, place stuffing balls in the oven for the final 30 minutes of cooking. You can use other breads too. I usually use good quality homebaked-style plain white bread and stuffing bread when it is available. You can use up odds and ends of white bread, brown bread, rye bread, hot dog buns, and rolls for this recipe too. Adjust the seasonings to suit your tastes. Add one cup chopped apples, raisins, or cranberries for a fruit stuffing, or add one cup of chopped walnuts or pecans. The variations are endless. You may need to add a little more chicken broth, just enough to hold the stuffing balls together. Use canned broth or dissolve a couple teaspoons soup base mix in warm water. Garnish chicken or pork dishes with the stuffing balls and grilled bacon rolls. To make the bacon rolls: Cut bacon strips in half; roll them up and secure with a toothpick; and grill or fry until well done; Drain on paper towels.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- 2Line a baking sheet with foil paper and lightly grease the foil for easy clean up.
- 3Heat butter or margarine in a large skillet.
- 4Add onion and celery and sauté gently until soft.
- 5Combine remaining ingredients with the celery and onion mixture, adding any variations you like.
- 6Shape mixture into 8 balls. Dampen hands with cold water if necessary.
- 7Place stuffing balls on prepared baking sheet.
- 8Bake at 375 degrees Fahrenheit for about 20 minutes or until set.
Browse Our Top < 60 Mins Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All < 60 Mins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Basic Stuffing Balls With Variations
Serving Size: 1 (39 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 82.7
- Calories from Fat 75
- Total Fat 8.3 g
- Saturated Fat 5.0 g
- Cholesterol 43.5 mg
- Sodium 397.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 1.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 0.4 g
- Protein 1.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
soft white bread cubes