Parma Ham and Cranberry Stuffing Meatballs
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
These deliciously flavourful cranberry stuffing balls makes a great side-dish for either Thanksgiving or Christmas dinner.
- Ready In:
- 1hr 10mins
- 12 ounces fresh cranberries
- 6 tablespoons sugar
- 7⁄8 cup water
- 1 ounce butter
- 6 shallots, finely chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 bunch fresh sage, finely chopped
- 6 sprigs fresh thyme, leaves picked
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1 1⁄4 lbs sausage meat
- 14 ounces streaky bacon, finely chopped
- 7 ounces fresh white breadcrumbs
- 4 tablespoons walnuts, lightly crushed (optional)
- 1 lemon, zest of, finely grated
- 16 slices prosciutto
- vegetable oil, for dabbing
- Put the cranberries and the sugar in a small saucepan. Add in the water and stir, then heat until bubbling gently and stir again until the sugar has dissolved.
- Turn off the heat and leave to go cold. The berries should have softened and deflated slightly.
- Heat the butter in a frying pan. Add in shallots and garlic and fry gently until the shallots have softened but not coloured. Remove from heat.
- Mix in the sage and thyme then season with salt and freshly ground pepper.
- Mix in the sausage meat, minced bacon, breadcrumbs, walnuts and lemon zest. Use your fingers and make sure everything is well mixed together.
- Drain away the syrup from the cranberries, then stir the berries into the stuffing mix.
- Shape the stuffing into 8 balls, each the size of a large golf ball.
- Wrap each one in two slices of prosciutto. Cover with plastic wrap and put in the fridge to firm up, ideally overnight.
- Once the turkey has finished roasting, preheat the oven to 400°F Remove the plastic wrap from the stuffing balls and place them across a shallow roasting tin, leaving lots of space between them.
- Dab them all over with a little oil and roast for 30 minutes or so until crisped and cooked through.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation