Savory Dressing or Stuffing Balls
photo by Marg (CaymanDesigns)
- Ready In:
10 dressing balls
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 4 tablespoons butter (we use light)
- 1⁄2 cup celery, chopped
- 1 loaf wheat bread, toasted or 6 cups wheat bread
- 2 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 2 eggs, beaten slightly
- 4 tablespoons dried parsley flakes
- 1 teaspoon dried poultry seasoning
- 1⁄2 teaspoon freshly cracked black pepper
- melted butter
- Toast all the bread and rip or cut into small pieces. Place in a large mixing bowl.
- Melt the butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the onions and celery and saute until softened. Remove from the heat.
- Add the beaten eggs to the broth and blend well. Add the parsley, sage, poultry seasoning, and pepper mix well. Mix the sauted vegetables with the bread cubes and then pour broth mixture over all and stir.
- Shape the mixture into 2-inch balls and place on a greased cookie sheet, drizzle a small amount of melted butter over the balls.
- Bake uncovered in 375 degrees F oven for 25 minutes.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
With the changes to the email notifications and removal of private messaging, I am no longer able to respond to questions about my recipes. Yet another feature change that has made the website less user friendly. It's sad to watch a fantastic site deteriorate over the years. Some of my recipes are on my blog.