- 1 graham cracker pie crust or 1 pie crust
- 8 ounces bittersweet chocolate
- 4 large eggs
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup cold unsalted butter, cut into chunks
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons cognac or 2 1⁄2 teaspoons Kahlua or 2 1⁄2 teaspoons Grand Marnier
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt chocolate in a double boiler set over simmering water.
- Set aside to cool to thick but still liquid.
- Combine eggs and sugar in a double broiler until hot but not scrambled.
- Remove from heat.
- With a mixer beat the chocolate into the egg mixture, then beat in the cold butter.
- Beat for 15 minutes--yes 15 minutes--you wanted silk.
- Beat in vanilla and booze.
- Scrape the filling into the shell and chill in fridge for at least 3 hours.
- Serve with whipped cream.