Recipe by teresas
This is out of "The Backyard Barbecue Cookbook". I have it marked as being excellent! Please note: "NOT FOR SENSITIVE TONGUES" Hope you enjoy!
Top Review by gigabit1
I was looking for another way to prepare fish. My husband's fav is fried. This recipe is killer good and healthy. However, since we are long past middle-age, next time I will cut back a tad on the cayenne. I strongly recommend trying this.
- 4 (907.18 g) white fish fillets, firm
- 59.14 ml butter, melted
combine ingredients below to make the dry marinade
- 2.46 ml salt
- 9.85 ml ground sweet paprika
- 2.46 ml white pepper
- 2.46 ml ground cayenne pepper
- 1.23 ml ground oregano
- 1.23 ml dried basil
- 1.23 ml dried thyme
- 4.92 ml garlic powder
- 4.92 ml onion powder
Directions See How It's Made
- Dry fish fillets with paper towels and brush with melted butter, set aside.
- To make the dry marinade: Combine all the dry spices and sprinkle over the buttered fish fillets.
- Cook the fillet on a lightly greased grill for 8-10 minutes, tuning once during cooking time.
- Note: You may find it easier to make a double quantity of this dry marinade and store the remaining mixture for later use. Store in a covered airtight jar in the freezer for best results. It adds flavor to seafood, poultry and beef.