Tangy Barbecued Salmon
photo by Boomette
- Ready In:
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 1 dash liquid smoke flavoring
- 1⁄4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 2 lbs salmon fillets
- Preheat grill for high heat.
- In a small bowl, mix together brown sugar, honey, liquid smoke and vinegar.
- Brush one side of the salmon with the basting sauce. Place the salmon on the grill, basted side down. After about 6 minutes, generously baste the top and turn over. Cook for about 7 more minutes, then brush on more basting sauce. Turn and cook for 2 more minutes. Adjust cooking time if using thin salmon fillets. (Take care not to overcook the salmon as it will lose its juices and flavor if cooked too long.).
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
I like any recipes that has liquid smoke flavoring so I had to try this one. And I loved it. I made half recipe and it's hard using only half a dash LOL It was a very big dash. Me and my son liked the sweetness it gave to the salmon. DH a little bit less. I cooked it in the oven at 350 F for almost 15 minutes. Thanks TasteTester :) Made for Aus/NZ Recipe Swap October 2010 Group Aussie Rum Balls
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Our family moved to Florida from New York in the 90's, so I've brought not only many of the recipes my family has passed down, but have learned to cook some great Southern dishes as well.? When I found RZ, it opened up a whole new world of cooking -- cuisine from different countries, tried-and-true family hand-me-down recipes, and some interesting and delicious dishes I would never have found on my own.