Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
Different way of preparing fish. We use catfish and perch.
- 2 lbs fish fillets, skinned
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine
- 1⁄3 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 cup catsup
- 1 teaspoon dried mustard
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- Wash fillets and pat dry with paper towels.
- In small pan, melt butter/margarine and stir in sugar, catsup, mustard and vinegar. Stir until well blended.
- Pour 1/2 of sauce in shallow foil-lined pan.
- Place fillets in single layer in the sauce.
- Pour remaining sauce over fish.
- Bake 25-35 minutes at 350 degrees until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork.
Very tasty! I made with tilapia fillets (2) and only made 1/2 the recipe. Served this with steamed rice and roasted green beans. Made for Football/Super Bowl Pool 2012-13 Win.
wonderful flavour, just right for us. I had thin saltwater perch, with skin. I did 2 layers with a little sauce between, served on Micro waved fried rice, excellent. Xmas swap 2008
*Reviewed during ZWT4* A quick and easy fish recipe. Much cheaper than buying pre-marinated fish for baking. The fish stayed moist and tender. A little too sweet for my preference, though both my husband and daughters loved it. Photos also to be posted