Prep 30 mins
Cook 15 mins
This bang bang shrimp is Bonefish Grill's most popular dish.
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 cup Thai sweet chili sauce
- 5 drops sriracha hot chili sauce (or to taste)
- 1 lb shelled and deveined shrimp
- dry cornstarch
- oil (for frying)
- chopped scallion
- Make sauce two to three hours before shrimp so all of the flavors can blend.
- Mix mayonnaise with Thai Sweet Chili Sauce.
- Add hot sauce to taste.
- Dredge the shrimp in cornstarch.
- Deep fat fry the shrimp until lightly brown.
- Drain on paper towel, put in a bowl and coat with the sauce.
- Serve in a lettuce, cabbage, and spinach lined bowl, top with chopped scallions.
Loved this! This is a dish I love when ordering out and it was fun and simple to make at home.
Allowing the flavors to mix for a few hours is a golden tip, make sure not to skip that step.
My changes for personal preferences: I pan fried the shrimp because I never deep fry, added a touch of garlic salt to the corn starch for extra flavor and used just a little less mayo in the sauce. I love that you can change the hotness to taste and the whole recipe was very easy to make and was done in no time!
Not bad! Suggest using way less mayo (like maybe even portions of mayo & sweet chili sauce) and more of the hot sauce... will make again. Thanks haley101! :)
This is soooo easy and delicious!