Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
Sprinkiling cinnamon-sugar on the batter just before baking makes a crunchy top. I have also subbed chocolate chips for the walnuts.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Line a 12 cup muffin pan with baking liners.
- In a small bowl mix 1/4 cup sugar with 1 tsp cinnamon. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix flour, remaining 1/2 cup sugar, baking powder, salt remaining 1/2 tsp cinnamon, walnuts and raisins.
- In a small bowl, beat together the banana, yogurt and egg with a fork. Stir in the butter. Stir the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients until just combined.
- Fill the lined muffin cups. Sprinkle with the reserved cinnamon-sugar mixture on top. Bake until golden and toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean, about 20 minutes.
Wonderful muffins. They are very simple and quick to make and turn out so light, moist and flavorful. I made 6 muffins using Splenda for the sugar and about 1 tsp of canola oil, skipped the raisins to lighted the sugar load. Sorry Marz but I did use fat free yogurt but as I said they didn't suffer from it (IMHO anyway). I need to mention that I baked my 6 at 350 and they were perfect in 24 mins.Simply scrumptious. Made for Photo Tag.