Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
Ripped this from a magazine some years ago and have also meant to try. They sound good. Times are estimated.
- Preheat oven to 275°F.
- Sift flour, sugar, baking powder and salt into large bowl.
- Add eggs, milk, oil, rum and vanilla extract and whisk to blend.
- Heat large nonstick skillet over medium-low heat.Brush skillet generously with additional oil.
- Working in batches, drop batter by 1/4 cupfuls into skillet. Place 6 banana slices on each pancake, spacing evenly. Sprinle 1 tablespoon granola over each pancake if using granola option.
- Cook until pancakes are light and golden brown, about 3 minutes per side.
- Transfer pancakes to baking sheet and keep warm in oven.
- Repeat with remaining oil, batter, bananas and granola.
What a great weekend morning treat. These are the big fluffy pancakes and two are enought to fill you up until mid-afternoon! DH and I really enjoyed the bananas and I might have *accidently* spilled a tad bit more rum into the batter ( I used Malibu) but it didn hurt them any, lol. We had them outside with Pineapple Mimosas. :D
I'm sure I destroyed the whole idea of these pancakes when I didn't use the rum, but things like that happen! Other than that, though I made these as given, including the granola, & we really did love 'em ~ they made for an absolutely wonderful breakfast! Thanks for sharing the recipe! [Tagged & made in Please Review My Recipe]
These pancakes were great with the bananas even though DH didn't like the bananas on them. The dough was very thick. Next time I'll add more milk to make them thinner. Or I would add mashed bananas to the dough instead of putting on top. I couldn't taste the rum in them. Thanks Deb :) Made for 123 hit wonders