Recipe by Aroostook
This cake is excellent! This is so rich!! From a co-worker who got it from a website.
Top Review by Dawn A.
I gave this recipe 4 stars I made it and the kids loved it. I liked it a lot but was hoping for a lighter airy cake it is a bit dense. It has great flavor in my opinion and is very moist.
- 3 cups flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 14 ounces crushed pineapple
- 3 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups oil
- 2 cups mashed ripe bananas (approx 6)
- 1 1⁄2 cups pecans, chopped
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 3 tablespoons pineapple juice
- 1⁄3 cup crushed pineapple, drained
- 1⁄4 cup margarine, softened
- 3 cups sifted icing sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Cake Instructions: Combine first 5 dry ingredients in large bowl.
- Measure 1 cup undrained pineapple.
- Reserve rest for icing.
- Add measured pineapple and remaining ingredients to bowl.
- Mix just until thoroughly combined.
- Turn into greased and floured 10" cake pan.
- Bake at 350 F for 50 to 70 minutes, or until cake tester comes out clean.
- Cool on rack 20 minutes, then remove from pan and cool completely.
- Icing Instructions: Drain reserved pineapple well.
- Whip margarine, icing sugar and pineapple juice together until smooth.
- Fold in pineapple.
- Spread on top and side of cake.