Prep 30 mins
Cook 25 mins
This is a great recipe for all banana lovers. It's really easy, and also very variable. I add chocolate, walnuts, oats, or whatever I have lying around and it always comes out good. But probably the best thing about this muffin is its texture. It's not really stiff like some muffins, but soft and light.
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chocolate chips or 1 cup walnuts or 1 cup oats
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup ripe banana, mashed
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, baking soda, and salt. Then stir in your cup of chocolate chips, walnuts, etc.
- In a separate bowl cream together the butter and sugar. Add the eggs one at a time, and don't forget the vanilla!
- Add the mashed bananas and wet mixture to the dry mixture, stirring until moist but lumpy.
- Fill 12 prepared muffin cups (greased or paper cups) 3/4 full of batter. For a special touch, I sometimes sprinkle oats on top.
- Bake at 350F for about 20-25 minutes, or until golden brown.
Awesome recipe! It was quick and easy. I added chocolate chips and pecans. So good!
Just made these tonight and added dried, organic blueberries.....a must try!!!! This recipe was soooo good!! Thank you so much for posting this, as I had some bananas that need to be mashed and baked or thrown away.....DELISH!
This was so yummy. The first time I made it i used half sugar have splenda (since half my family is diabetic)it turned out perfect the perfect amount of sweetness with the chocolate chips. Making them again as we speak AMAZING!!!! :D