Prep 10 mins
Cook 50 mins
I have made this a few times, keeps about 3-4 months in the refrigerator, goes well as a filling in cakes, or on scones, muffins,fesh bread or whatever takes your fancy!!!
- 4 large bananas (ripe , but not spoiled)
- 125 g butter
- 1 1⁄2 cups caster sugar
- 1 lemon (using the juice and grated rind)
- 4 eggs
- Mash the banana, using a wooden spoon oR fork. Melt the butter slowly in a heavy based pan, then add the sugar, bananas, lemon rind and juice. Cook for 10 minutes.
- Beat the eggs with a wooden spoon, then gradually beat in 3 tablespoons of the banana mixture, (doing this; perevents the eggs from curdling.).
- Pour onto the remaining banana mixture, stirring constantly, until the mixture thickens and is thick enough to coat the back of a spoon; but do not boil.
- Pour into hot sterilized jars and seal.
Fantastic recipe! I halved it and hope to make banoffee Danish with it!
Amazing recipe! though I tweaked it a little. I thoroughly blended the mixture before I poured it into hot jars and sealed it. The texture was perfect. I didn't have any caster sugar so I used regular granulated sugar and it turned out fine. Plus, I only used 1 cup of sugar instead of 1.5 cups and the sweetness was just right. Thanks for the recipe!
This is so simple to make and absolutely delicious. I am completely addicted to it. Thanks and congratulations to TIsme.