Lemon Curd Filling
The ultimate lemon curd. Recipe can be increased as much as you like. Serve with scones, biscuits, toast etc. Can be used as a tart filling, cake filling and as an ingredient in lemon buttercream
- Ready In:
- 4 large egg yolks
- 4 1⁄2 ounces granulated sugar
- 3 ounces fresh lemon juice
- 2 ounces unsalted butter, softened and cut into pieces
- 1 pinch salt
- 2 teaspoons lemons, zest of, finely grated (optional)
- In a non-reactive saucepan, whisk yolk and sugar until well combined.
- Add remaining ingredients except lemon zest.
- Cook over medium-low heat, stirring constantly (Do not whisk), until thickened and you see the first bubble.
- DO NOT ALLOW TO BOIL.
- Pour through strainer, stir in zest.
- chill in refrigerator with plastic wrap pressed on top of curd to prevent skin forming.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
see 30 more