Swiss Roll With Lemon-Curd Filling
- Ready In:
1 17 inch roll
To make lemon curd:
- In 2 quart saucepan combine butter, sugar, lemon juice and egg yolks.
- Cook over lowest heat possible, stirring constantly until mixture is thick enough to evenly coat the back of a spoon.
- Do NOT let your mixture boil, the eggs will curdle.
- Pour into small bowl and stir in lemon peel.
- Refrigerate until ready to use.
- Heat oven to 400°F.
- Coat bottom and sides of 11x17 in jelly roll pan with 1 tbsp of melted butter.
- Line pan with wax paper, allow to extend over the sides.
- Brush paper with remaining butter and sprinkle with 2 tbsp of all purpose flour, tipping to spread evenly.
- Turn pan over and tap to remove extra flour.
- With beater or wire whisk beat sugar and eggs together until light and fluffy.
- A little at a time, sift self rising flour over eggs.
- Fold gently together with rubber spatula, do NOT overmix.
- Pour batter into lined pan and spread evenly.
- Bake on middle rack for 10 minutes or until top is a light golden color and has began to lift from the sides of the pan.
- Remove from oven and dust evenly with superfine sugar.
- Turn it out on a sheet of wax paper and peel away paper.
- Spread lemon curd mixture on top and gently, starting at edge, roll into a cylinder.
- To serve, cut into 1/2 inch slices.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I'm heaven sent, don't you dare forget I am all you've ever wanted, what all the other [boys] all promised Sorry I told, I just needed you to know I think in decimals and dollars I am the cause to all your problems Shelter from cold, We are never alone Coordinate brain and mouth Then ask me what it's like to have myself so figured out - I wish I knew I hope this songs starts a craze, the kind of song that ignites the airways The kind of song that makes people glad to be where they are with who ever they're there with This is war - Every line is about who I don't write about anymore Hope you come down with something they can't diagnose, don't have the cure for Holding on to your grudge Oh it's so hard to have someone to love Keeping quiet is hard 'Cause you can't keep a secret if it never was a secret to start At least pretend you didn't wanna get caught We're consentratin' on fallin' apart We were contenders, now throwin' the fight I just wanna believe, I just wanna believe, I just wanna believe in us Oh we're so c-c-c-c-c-controversial We are entirely smooth We fit to the truth We are the best at what we do And these are the words you wish you wrote down This is the way you wish your voice sounds, handsome and smart Oh, my tongue's the only muscle on my body that works harder than my heart And it's all from watching TV and from speeding up my breathing Wouldn't stop if I could Oh it hurts to be this good You're holding on to your grudge Oh it hurts to always have to be honest with the one that you love Oh so let it go This is the craze only we can bestow This is the price you pay for loss of control This is the break in the ground This is the closest of calls This is the reason you're alone, this is the reason you fall! We're consentratin' on fallin' apart We were contenders, now throwin' the fight I just wanna believe, I just wanna believe, I just wanna believe in us ------------------------------- I love to cook and to bake and to watch people enjoy the food that I make, and most of all I enjoy this 'practice' period I have - to prepare me for when I have a family of my own :) In Memory of Shadow October 3rd 1992 - July 9th 2007 You will be sorely missed <img src="http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b224/dejectedwithstars/shadow1.jpg"> <img src="http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b224/dejectedwithstars/shadow2.jpg"> <img src="http://www.recipezaar.com/members/home/362919/shadow2.JPG"> <img src="http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b224/dejectedwithstars/redborder-animate.gif"> <a href="http://www.pickle.com/plink/l/7D5E0237795A"><img src="http://www.pickle.com/plink/ph/795B07337A4704307B51032E7D5E0237795A1C512307476E143E5A652E076C34725B06357F500533140741682C4659712C.jpg" border="0" alt="adoptatagparticipant" title="Photo and Video Sharing"/></a> <img src="http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y164/lauralie41/swapbanner.jpg" border="0" alt="Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket"> <a href="http://s20.photobucket.com/albums/b224/dejectedwithstars/?action=view¤t=allltheferrets2.jpg" target="_blank"><img src="http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b224/dejectedwithstars/allltheferrets2.jpg" border="0" alt="Photobucket"></a> This is why Ferrets are called Carpet Sharks :D <a href="http://s20.photobucket.com/albums/b224/dejectedwithstars/?action=view¤t=carpetshark.gif" target="_blank"><img src="http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b224/dejectedwithstars/carpetshark.gif" border="0" alt="Photobucket"></a> <img src="http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b224/dejectedwithstars/bannerforswap.jpg" border="0" alt="Photobucket"></a> <a href="http://photobucket.com" target="_blank"><img src="http://i174.photobucket.com/albums/w115/bugh8er/food%20and%20swaps/cws3.png" border="0" alt="Photobucket"></a>