photo by dojemi
- Ready In:
1 2/3 cups
- 3 lemons
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter
- Finely grate enough zest from lemons to measure 2 teaspoons and squeeze enough juice to measure 1/2 cup.
- In a metal bowl whisk together zest, juice, sugar, and eggs.
- Cut butter into 4 pieces and add to mixture.
- Set bowl over a saucepan of simmering water and cook mixture, whisking occasionally, until thickened and smooth, about 20 minutes.
- Lemon curd may be kept, chilled and its surface covered with plastic wrap, 3 days.
- Serve lemon curd warm or chilled.
see 21 more reviews
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I joined Food.com when the site was RecipeZaar, April 24, 2001. This site has been a favorite with me for many years now with its unique features and especially for the many, many dear friends I have met here. If you are a new visitor, I hope you will stop for a while and check us out. I hope you will find it as special as I have.