Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
A wonderful muffin from a magazine. Toast the coconut for even more flavor.
Make and share this Banana Coconut Muffins recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat oven to 375°. Line muffin cups with paper muffin liners.
- Whisk together flour, baking powder, and salt in a bowl. Whisk together bananas, butter, sugar, egg, vanilla, and 1/2 cup coconut in a large bowl until combined well, then fold in flour mixture until flour is just moistened.
- Divide batter among lined muffin cups and sprinkle with remaining 1/4 cup coconut.
- Bake until muffins are puffed and golden, about 25 minutes.
- Transfer muffins to a rack and cool slightly.
Great tasting muffins! I made them for hubby's work and they were gone in an instant. Will keep this one handy.
I'm not sure if I messed up, but these were very dense muffins and I didn't like that. The flavor was good, but they were not light and fluffy like I like my muffins. I might try again and see what I can do.
Like any good baker, I felt the need to change the recipe to my own liking. I was also out of butter. Instead, I used 1/3 cup margarine and 1/3 cup sour cream to replace the butter. The result was ultra moist and spectacular. Thanks for the recipe premise though.