Coconut, Chocolate & Banana Mini Muffins
These are great for the kids lunchbox...but I love to snack on them warm, straight out of the oven :) Recipe from: Delicious Magazine
- Ready In:
- 125 g unsalted butter, melted
- 165 g caster sugar
- 3 very ripe bananas
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 300 g self-raising flour, sifted
- 45 g desiccated coconut
- 125 g dark chocolate chips
- icing sugar, to dust
- Preheat oven to 200°C and grease 12 hole mini-muffin pans.
- Mash banana in bowl, add butter, caster sugar, eggs and vanilla until well combined.
- Place flour, coconut and chocolate in a large bowl, then fold in banana mixture. Working in batches, place dessertspoons of mixture into pan.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until risen and golden.
- Cool slightly in pan, then turn out onto a rack to cool completely.
- Repeat with remaining batter.
- Serve dusted with icing sugar.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
Oh wow these were sooooo soooo good... despite a few things on my part!!! That is, I started making them but had no eggs or bananas. BUT... I did have applesauce so subbed for both with a little baking powder and banana essence... also used shredded coconut. And my chocolate chips were dark chocolate chopped finely. But they stayed fresh and tasted delicious! A keeper!
Made these this morning, to go into the kids lunch boxes, if there are any left for the freezer. I have two muffin eating grand kids that think they are sneaking them past me, good thing that I made them in the mini muffin size. I did not have self rising flour so used the all purpose equivalent and baking powder. Will make these again soon I promise, they are that good.