Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
- 3 ripe bananas (or 2 bananas and 1 grated apple)
- 1⁄3 cup oil
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 egg
- 1 1⁄2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Combine bananas, oil, sugar, vanilla and egg in a large bowl, and mix well.
- Mix dry ingredients in a separate bowl.
- Add flour mixture to banana mixture, mixing until just blended.
- (ignore lumps) Fill muffin tins about 2/3 full.
- Bake 20 minutes.
- This recipe doubles easily.
These muffins were amazing, my teen even said they tasted like the "unhealthy" versions! I used 1/3 cup brown sugar (which I thinks help to make them more moist), 1/4 cup oil and only 1/2 cup chocolate chips. They were just right in sweetness this way and the chocolate didn't over power the banana flavor. I filled my muffin tins 3/4 full (got 10 muffins) and baked for exactly 21 minutes. Very moist and flavorful, thanks for the great recipe!
This muffin recipe is spot on, moist and light. I couldn't resist having one straight out of the oven with cream....Mmmm melty choc bits and warm banana YUM!! Thanks for sharing!!
Congrats! Your Recipe was featured as our "Recipe of the Day" on our homepage! (7/8/11)