1/1 Photo of Baked Tofu With Mushroom Gravy
sprout 13's Note:
Good comfort food for lacto-vegetarians or any tofu lovers. Tofu is baked to firm and crisp it and then it is smothered in a slightly tangy mushroom-onion gravy. This makes a generous amount of gravy so that it can go over potatoes roasted while the tofu cooks.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 425°F.
- 2Dry the tofu and cut it into 4 thick slices.
- 3Coat the tofu thinly with oil and sprinkle with salt, pepper, and thyme to taste.
- 4Lay the tofu slices on a baking sheet sprayed with nonstick spray and place in oven. Bake for 35 minutes, flipping pieces after 20 minutes.
- 5While the tofu cooks, melt the butter in a medium skillet on medium-low heat. Saute the onions and mushrooms in the melted butter until softened, about 10 minutes. Do not brown the vegetables.
- 6About 5 minutes before the tofu finishes, add the flour to the mushrooms and onions and continue to cook on medium-low for another minute or two.
- 7Add the milk and yogurt to the sauteed mixture and bring to a simmer. You may need to raise the heat to medium.
- 8Once the gravy simmers, remove from the heat and season to taste with salt, pepper, and thyme. Spoon over baked tofu.
- 9Serve with a hot veggie like green beans or broccoli and with cubed potatoes roasted in the oven while the tofu baked.
Browse Our Top Soy/Tofu Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Soy/Tofu Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Baked Tofu With Mushroom Gravy
Serving Size: 1 (438 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 278.1
- Calories from Fat 115
- Total Fat 12.7 g
- Saturated Fat 5.0 g
- Cholesterol 19.5 mg
- Sodium 101.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 25.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.7 g
- Sugars 14.8 g
- Protein 17.1 g