1/1 Photo of Baked Spinach Lemon Rice
A Messy Cook's Note:
Here is a different way to serve boring old brown rice. The nutritious grain is jazzed up with spinach, fresh mushrooms, feta cheese, garlic, and dill. Try this as a unique side dish for fish or chicken, or as a vegetarian main dish. Recipe is from Light and Tasty.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cups cooked brown rice
- 10 ounces frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon dill weed
- 1/8 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1/3 cup crumbled feta cheese, divided
- 1Saute onion, mushrooms, and garlic in oil until tender.
- 2Stir in rice, spinach, lemon juice, salt, dill, and pepper.
- 3Reserve 1 tablespoon cheese and stir remaining cheese into skillet; mix well.
- 4Transfer to sprayed 8-inch square baking dish and sprinkle with reserved cheese.
- 5Cover and bake at 350 degrees for 25 minutes; uncover and bake 5-10 minutes longer or until heated through and cheese is melted.
Browse Our Top Brown Rice Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Brown Rice Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Baked Spinach Lemon Rice
Serving Size: 1 (155 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 138.9
- Calories from Fat 44
- Total Fat 4.9 g
- Saturated Fat 1.7 g
- Cholesterol 7.4 mg
- Sodium 323.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 19.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.9 g
- Sugars 1.5 g
- Protein 4.9 g