Greek Bow Tie Pasta Salad
photo by JackieOhNo!
- Ready In:
- 1 lb bow tie pasta, uncooked
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 lb chicken, breast chopped in slivers
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1⁄2 cup red onion, diced
- 1 (14 ounce) can marinated artichoke hearts, chopped
- 1 tomatoes, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- 3 tablespoons parsley, fresh chopped
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice, fresh
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄2 cup button mushroom
- 1⁄2 cup oil-and-vinegar dressing
- 1⁄4 black olives, pitted chopped, Greek ones if you have them
- 1 cucumber, peeled and grated
- Cook pasta to al dente; drain.
- Heat olive oil; cook chicken and garlic (you can use my Greek seasoning mix on the chicken).
- Add to pasta.
- Add red onions, artichoke hearts with the liquid, tomato, feta cheese, parsley, lemon juice, oregano, button mushrooms, oil and vinegar dressing, olives, and cucumber.
- Season to taste; you may need additional vinaigrette dressing.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
This was a delicious pasta salad that was slightly different from all the other Greek pasta salads I've had. I did cheat a little, but I believe I kept to the spirit of the recipe. I used some cooked chicken breast that I had leftover, rather than cooking some with the garlic. Therefore, I added a touch of garlic powder to the salad to get the garlic flavor. I also did not use bowtie pasta, but mini penne (don't ask me why, but my DBF has an aversion to bow tie pasta). I also used about 20 grape tomatoes, halved. The result was a tasty salad that packed well for lunch. Thanks for sharing! Made for Please Review My Recipe Tag game.