1/8 Photos of Baked Spaghetti by Paula Deen
2 hrs 10 mins
Barenaked Chef's Note:
This recipe is one of the better Baked Spaghetti's I've tried. I think you could easily shortcut with prepared sauce and such, but you must use angel hair pasta and Jack cheese. It makes this! **edited to add: I have tried to increase pasta per reviews, but this does not work! You come out with a dry pasta! Please make just as written and rate on the recipe as written!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups canned diced tomatoes
- 2 cups tomato sauce
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 1/2 cup diced green bell pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley leaves
- 1 1/2 teaspoons italian seasoning
- 1 1/2 teaspoons seasoning salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons sugar
- 2 small bay leaves
- 1 1/2 lbs ground beef
- 8 ounces uncooked angel hair pasta
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese
- 1 cup grated monterey jack cheese
House Seasoning (use 1 1/2 tsp)
- 1Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- 2In a stockpot, combine the tomatoes, tomato sauce, water, onions, peppers, garlic, parsley, seasoning mixtures, sugar, and bay leaves.
- 3Bring to a boil over high heat, and then reduce the heat and let simmer, covered, for 1 hour.
- 4Crumble the ground beef in a large skillet.
- 5Cook over medium-high heat until fully cooked, with no pink color remaining.
- 6Drain the fat from the meat, and then add the ground beef to the stockpot.
- 7Simmer for 20 more minutes.
- 8Cook the pasta according to the package directions.
- 9Cover the bottom of a 13 by 9 by 2-inch pan with sauce.
- 10Add a layer of pasta and then a little less than 1/2 of each cheese; repeat the layers, ending with the sauce.
- 11Bake in the oven for 30 minutes.
- 12Top the casserole with the remaining cheese, return it to the oven, and continue to cook until the cheese is melted and bubbly, about 5 more minutes.
- 13Cut into squares before serving.
- 14House Seasoning: Mix ingredients together and store in an airtight container for up to 6 months.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Baked Spaghetti by Paula Deen
Serving Size: 1 (345 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 456.4
- Calories from Fat 202
- Total Fat 22.5 g
- Saturated Fat 10.8 g
- Cholesterol 85.2 mg
- Sodium 14697.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 34.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.0 g
- Sugars 6.2 g
- Protein 29.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: