Baked Spaghetti (Weight Watchers Friendly)
I adapted this from a Light & Tasty cookbook. It was so delicious that I had to put it in the fridge before it was cool just to stop myself from eating it all! For WWers, this works to 6 points per serving. I use Ragu No Sugar Added Tomato & Basil sauce to keep the calorie/fat content as low as possible. Note: WW has changed their points system several times since this is posted, and you should recalculate the points by the current system.
- Ready In:
- 1hr 15mins
- 12 ounces whole wheat spaghetti
- 1 lb 96% lean ground beef
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 cups no-sugar-added spaghetti sauce
- 4 cups 1% cottage cheese
- 2 1⁄2 cups part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- Cook spaghetti according to package directions.
- In a large skillet, brown beef, onion, and garlic. Drain fat. Add spaghetti sauce and heat through.
- Meanwhile, combine cottage cheese, 2 cups mozzarella, and 1/4 cup parmesan.
- In a 9x13 casserole dish sprayed with nonstick cooking spray, layer 1 cup of meat mixture, half the spaghetti, half the cheese, and half the remaining meat mixture. Repeat layers. Dish will be very full.
- Cover with foil and bake at 375°F for 45 minutes. Uncover and add remaining cheeses. Bake an addition 10 minutes.
- Allow to stand 10 minutes before serving.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
This seems like a great recipe, but I'm not sure I would label it "Weight Watchers Friendly". According to the nutritional information provided, this would be 12.6 "regular" points (not PointsPlus). And 21.4 g of fat per serving (33% of your daily value!) is pretty high. I'm sure this would be great if you weren't trying to watch your waistline!4Replies 1