This is from our church cookbook, it's truly delicious. Everyone digs into this at a potluck. When I make this for just us, I build it in 2 pans, freezing one for later.
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 (28 ounce) can tomatoes, cut up,don't drain
- 1 (4 ounce) can mushroom pieces
- 1 (2 ounce) can sliced ripe olives
- 2 teaspoons oregano
- 1 lb ground beef, brown and drain
- 10 ounces spaghetti, cooked and drained
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 (10 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- In lg skillet, saute onion and green pepper in butter.
- Add tomatoes, mushrooms, olives, and oregano.
- Add cooked beef.
- Simmer for 10 minutes.
- Place half of the cooked spaghetti in greased 13x9 baking pan.
- Top with half the meat mix.
- Sprinkle with 1 cup cheddar cheese.
- Repeat layers.
- Mix soup and water until smooth; pour over casserole.
- Sprinkle with parmesan cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350* for 30-35 minutes, until heated through.
This was good. I used Italian Seasoning instead of the oregano. Easy to make. My guys didn't leave a spoonful. Thanks Inez.
Mmmm..delicious Inez! I didn't put in any olives (just because my family didn't like them) but the dish was great! I have always been on the lookout for good spaghetti recipes, and this is one of them!
This was definitely a hit for our family. We were out of onion and 1/2 of us don't like green pepper, so I put in more black olive. It still turned out great. Hubby Lance gobbled up all the left-overs (approx 6 servings) in less than a day and a half. We will make again!