Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
A lowfat dish that is really tasty and ready in an hour.
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup green pepper, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (12 ounce) jar salsa
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 6 8-inch flour tortillas (2 tortillas quartered)
- 1 cup sliced green onion
- 1 can black olives, sliced (optional)
- 8 ounces grated reduced-fat monterey jack cheese (with or without Jalapenos)
- In large skillet, over medium-high heat, saute turkey, onion, green pepper and garlic 5 minutes or until turkey is no longer pink.
- Add tomato sauce, salsa and cumin.
- Bring to boil.
- Reduce heat, cover and simmer 10 minutes.
- In (9-X 13-inch) baking dish, lightly coated with vegetable cooking spray, spoon 1 cup sauce in bottom of dish.
- Arrange 2 whole tortillas over sauce.
- Place quartered tortillas in corners.
- Top with one half of sauce.
- Sprinkle one half of the green onions, olives and cheese over sauce.
- Top with remaining tortillas, sauce, onions, and olives.
- Cover with foil.
- Bake at 350 degrees F.
- 30 minutes.
- Remove foil.
- Sprinkle remaining cheese over top and continue baking 15 minutes or until lasagna is bubbly and cheese is melted.