Recipe by A Messy Cook
There are never too many recipes for whole salmon! Wild is preferable, of course :-) Delicioso.
Top Review by Chef Jeffy
My boyfriend thought the fish tasted bland, but I found the flavor delicate and exceptional. I plan to make this again! I did use lemon juice instead of sliced lemons, however...
- 2 large lemons, thinly sliced
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup dry white wine or 1⁄2 cup dry vermouth
- 1 whole salmon
Directions See How It's Made
- Place salmon on heavy-duty foil (large enough to wrap the salmon).
- Layer salmon with lemon and onion slices, add wine, and sprinkle with parsley, pepper, and salt.
- Seal foil tightly around salmon and bake at 350 degrees for 50 to 60 minutes until fish is flaky and tender.
- Remove from oven; open foil and arrange salmon on a platter.
- If you like, remove the skin before serving, and garnish with lemon wedges.