Recipe by CaribbeanQueen
My family adores fresh Red Snapper and we are so lucky this time of year to buy freshly caught fish from the local fisherman. This simple recipe compliments the fish and is so quick and easy to make. This also works nicely with halibut.
- 1⁄3 cup mayonnaise
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon green onion, minced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried dill
- cracked black pepper
- 1 lemon, sliced thin
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 1 teaspoon dried dill
- 12 ounces red snapper fillets
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine sauce ingredients in small bowl:.
- Mayonnaise, garlic, lemon juice, minced green onion, dried dill, black pepper. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Place lemon slices in center of large sheet of foil. Top with sliced green onions and dill. Put fish fillet on top.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Fold foil to make a packet.
- Bake about 20 minutes (check at 15) or until the fish is opaque.
- Spread some sauce in the middle of 2 plates. Top with the fish, onions and lemon.
- Garnish with fresh dill sprigs.
- Note: I made this last night but didn't have mayo. Substituted sour cream. I think I like that better. 07/23/05.