If you're looking for a standard BBQ rib recipe, this isn't it. My family and friends love this recipe. If you prefer to grill the ribs — which will intensify the hoisin flavor — remove them from the marinade (do not bake) and grill them over medium heat until tender and lightly charred, turning often and basting occasionally with marinade, about 25 minutes. Plan ahead because these ribs need to marinate overnight. Time does not reflect marinating time.
- Place ribs in large roasting pan.
- Pierce meat with fork.
- Sprinkle with Chinese five-spice powder and onion powder; rub mixture into meat.
- Whisk remaining ingredients in small bowl to blend.
- Pour sauce over ribs, turning to coat.
- Turn ribs meat side down; cover pan with aluminum foil and refrigerate overnight.
- Preheat oven to 400°F
- Bake ribs, covered, until just tender, about 30 minutes.
- Uncover and turn ribs meat side up; bake until ribs are cooked through, basting occasionally, about 35 minutes.
- Cut meat between bones to separate ribs and serve.
Delicious ribs! I used Country style ribs instead of baby backs, and they came out great. Loved the flavor of the sauce, which penetrated through the meat nicely. I will be making these again! Thanks for sharing Lazyme. I made for Photo Swap Contest. Linda