Oven Baked Pork Ribs
A sticky, sweet and sour marinade and sauce makes the taste of these ribs explode in your mouth! Try serving them on a bed of rice. Of course, if you prefer, you can cook them on the barbecue but be sure to boil the marinade well before using.
- Ready In:
- 1 kg boneless pork ribs (belly or similar)
- 5 cloves garlic, crushed and chopped
- 3 teaspoons paprika
- 3 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1⁄2 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 3⁄4 cup tomato paste (concentrated tomato puree)
- 1 teaspoon chili, crushed (or more to taste)
- 1 large lemon, juice and finely grated rind
- Combine all marinade ingredients in a large non-metal dish.
- Stir until well combined.
- Add the ribs to the marinade and spoon mixture over until they are covered well on both sides.
- Cover and refrigerate for several hours or, preferably, overnight.
- To Cook: Place an oven rack on the top shelf of the oven.
- Preheat oven to 200C (400F).
- Line a roasting tin with foil.
- Place a well-oiled roasting rack in the roasting tin.
- Remove ribs from marinade, making sure they are well coated, and place onto the roasting rack.
- Cook on the top shelf of the oven for 30-40 minutes (turning once).
- While ribs are cooking, pour marinade into a small saucepan.
- Cook until the sauce boils.
- Boil until mixture thickens slightly.
- Serve ribs on a bed of rice and pour over sauce.