Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
- 1⁄3 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 4 (4 ounce) orange roughy fillets or 4 (4 ounce) catfish fillets
- In a shallow bowl combine the parmesan cheese, flour, paprika, salt and pepper.
- In another bowl beat the egg and milk.
- Dip fish fillets into egg mixture then coat with parmesan mixture.
- Arrange in a greased 13x9x2-inch baking dish.
- Bake uncovered at 350°F for 25-30 minutes or until fish flakes with a fork.
I made this just as the recipe stated and it was very good and easy to make. My dad is an avid fisherman, and always keeps us in fish, so I will be using this recipe again! Thanks for posting.
The big wig food critics always say not to mix cheese with fish, but I think they are nuts! They are also missing out because this recipe was fabulous. I used Basa which I really have no idea what type of fish it is as the store I went to yesterday didn't have either kind of the suggested fish. The recipe was very easy and the parmesan cheese enhanced the delicate fish flavor. Thanks for posting! Made for Help A Photoless Recipe 3-2013.
Used haddock and very little paprika. Very good,we'ii make again.