Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
another ocean perch recipe in response to message board post.
- 1 lb frozen ocean perch
- black pepper
- 3 tablespoons spring onions, minced
- 2 tomatoes, quartered
- 1⁄4 teaspoon basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄4 cup melted butter
- Thaw and separate fillets.
- Remove skin and place on a buttered baking dish.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Sprinkle with the spring onions.
- Blend tomatoes, sugar and basil, spread over fish.
- Drizzle with melted butter.
- Bake at 450F for 10 minutes.
I would have never thought that tomatoes on fish would be good but it is. The only thing I had trouble with was skinning the fish. A very sharp knife is a must!!
I have made this before and it's great because I always change it up a little depending what I have on hand. Last night I used a can of diced tomatoes. I also cut out the butter, I only lightly coated the bottom of the pan then used a little bit of Olive Oil drizzled on top of the fish. I also chopped up some garlic and added it to the tomatoes. It was wounderful, light and fresh. Great if your watching you weight! My husband also loved it.
Absolutely wonderful. I was not sure about the sugar in it, but it was incredible. My husband even said that this recipe is a keeper. Great week night meal. Quick and easy.