1/1 Photo of Baked Italian Sausage and Rigatoni
8 hrs 30 mins
Brimming with tasty sausage and colourful peppers.A great slow cooker favourite in our house.As you can see it is your choice of pasta.Enjoy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 teaspoons oil
- 2 lbs Italian sausage, cut in 1 pieces
- 2 medium onions, finely chopped
- 4 stalks celery, sliced
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (10 ounce) can tomato soup
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 cups rigatoni pasta, cooked very al dente
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 medium green pepper, finely chopped
- 1In a skillet, heat 1Tbsp oil over Medium-High heat. Add sausage and cook till no longer pink.
- 2With slotted spoon, transfer to slow cooker and drain liquid from pan. Reduce heat to Medium.
- 3Pour remaining oil to pan, add onion and celery and cook vegetables until soft stirring occasionally.
- 4Add garlic, thyme, salt, pepper and cook 1 minute stirring constantly.
- 5Add tomato soup, chicken broth and worcestershire sauce.
- 6Transfer sauce to slow cooker. Cover with lid and cook 8 hours on Low or 4 hours on High.
- 7Add pasta during last hour of cooking time.
- 8Add cheese and green pepper and cook on High 20 minutes more until cheese is melted and pepper is heated through.
- 9For the picture I posted I made this ahead and refrigerated.
- 10When the meal was due I heated it up 60 minutes 350*oven; added cheese last 15 minutes.
Browse Our Top Pork Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Baked Italian Sausage and Rigatoni
Serving Size: 1 (363 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 722.7
- Calories from Fat 452
- Total Fat 50.2 g
- Saturated Fat 18.9 g
- Cholesterol 116.6 mg
- Sodium 2606.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 29.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.4 g
- Sugars 8.7 g
- Protein 37.7 g