Slow Cooker Cinnamon Carrots
a great slow cooker dish, that can go real well with a pot roast, or a steak dinner. Got it from a friend.
- Ready In:
- 3hrs 15mins
- 2 (16 ounce) packages baby carrots
- 3⁄4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 1⁄2 cup orange juice
- 1⁄4 cup melted butter
- 3⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Put carrots in 3 to 4 quart slow cooker sprayed with vetable cooking spray.
- Ina large bowl, combine brown sugar, honey, orange juice, butter, and cinnamon, and mix well.
- Pour overcarrots and mix so that sugar-cinnamon mixture coats carrots.
- Cover and cook on low for 31/2 to 4 hours and stir throughly each hour during cooking time.
- About 15-20 minutes before serving transfer carrots with a slotted spoon to serving dish and cover to keep warm.
- Pour liquid from cooker into a saucepan, then boil for several minutes until liquid is reduced in half.
- Spoon over carrots in serving dish.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
As did another reviewer I skipped the slow cooker. I used real organic baby carrots (not the cut down ones in the bag) and cooked them almost done then simmered them in the sauce till it was very thick and clingy. About 30 mins was my total time but I just made enough for two people. Simply delicious.Reply
see 2 more