Prep 10 mins
Cook 35 mins
My own invention. For those of you who love this appetizer at Montana's Restaurant, this is my attempt to clone it. It's not identical, but I think it's pretty close, and very tasty!
- Blend all ingredients in food processor, except cheddar cheese, adding as much milk as necessary for a smooth and creamy consistency.
- Amount of garlic and/or Tabasco sauce can be increased for more intense flavour!
- Spread in pie plate and top with shredded cheddar cheese.
- Bake at 375F for 35 minutes or until heated through and cheddar cheese is melted.
- Serve with pita crisps, crackers or tortilla chips.
Great way to sneak in spinach into meal as an appetizer. I too ended up adding paremsan cheese and more tabasco sauce as it was a little bland without, it but it was addictive and it went quickly. This would be great to make to take to a potluck or carry-in as it is different and more hearty than the standard spinach-artichoke cold to room temperature commercial dips.
I have made this for the second time and I only used half of the pkg. of spinach...to my husband and I it was even more like Montana's than the first time! I did add the parmesan cheese too. Absolutely delicious!!
excellant, this went over so well at our party! It was the first dish eaten!!!!I did add 1/4 cup of parmasean cheese and a dash of cayenne pepper.